PREPRUFE® comprehensive waterproofing system
Continuous waterproofing, from the inside out
Based on the immense market acceptance and performance benefits of PREPRUFE ® Plus waterproofing membranes, we are pleased to announce that we will be transitioning all PREPRUFE® 300R/160R to PREPRUFE® Plus, effective January 1, 2021. Please contact your account representative for more details.
Foundation waterproofing requires continuity across systems. That's why we've brought together pre-applied and post-applied waterproofing into a complete, best-in-class system, including:
- PREPRUFE® Plus pre-applied waterproofing
- PREPRUFE® 800PA post-applied waterproofing
- PREPRUFE® 800XP self-protected, post-applied waterproofing
PREPRUFE® Product Documents
Safety Data Sheets
- Product Name
- Key Benefits
- Applications Type
PREPRUFE® 200 Membrane is a composite sheet membrane comprised of a robust HDPE film, an aggressive pressure-sensitive adhesive and a weather resistant coating. Using patented Advanced Bond Technology, PREPRUFE® 200 Membrane provides a continuous seal that resists water ingress and migration between the membrane and the structure.
- Prevents water migration
- Fast and easy installation
- Avoids delays
- Excellent vapor barrier
- It can be applied either horizontally to smooth prepared concrete, well-rolled and compacted sand or compacted crushed stone blinding; or vertically to permanent formwork or adjoining structures.
PREPRUFE®250 pre-applied waterproofing membrane is a unique composite sheets comprised of a thick HDPE ﬁlm, pressure sensitive adhesive and weather resistant protective coating.
- Forms a continuous adhesive bond to concrete poured against it
- Specifically designed to prevent water migration
- Continuous bond to poured concrete means PREPRUFE® 250 membrane is unaffected by ground settlement
PREPRUFE® 250 is intended for low hydrostatic pressure or intermittent water conditions. Applications include construction such as garages, plant rooms and utility grade basements.
PREPRUFE® 275 membrane is a composite sheet comprised of an HDPE film, an aggressive pressure sensitive adhesive and a weather resistant protective coating.
- Durable system designed specifically to withstand the force of shotcrete placement.
- The unique continuous and integral bond to the structure, is specifically designed to reduce lateral water migration between the membrane and the shotcrete.
PREPRUFE® 300R Plus & 160R Plus membranes are unique composite sheets comprised of a thick HDPE film, pressure sensitive adhesive and weather resistant protective coating.
- Forms a unique continuous adhesive bond
- Provides a barrier to water, moisture and gas
- Easy roll/kick out installation
- Release liner free
- PREPRUFE® 300R Plus membranes can be applied horizontally to smooth prepared concrete, carton forms or well rolled and compacted earth or crushed stone substrate
- PREPRUFE® 300R Plus or 160R Plus membranes can be applied vertically to permanent formwork or adjoining structures
PREPRUFE® 300R Plus LT & 160R Plus LT pre applied waterproofing membranes are unique composite sheets comprised of a thick HDPE film, pressure sensitive adhesive, and weather resistant protective coating.
- The unique continuous adhesive bond to concrete poured against it prevents water migration and makes it unaffected by ground settlement beneath slabs.
- Designed with fully adhered adhesive to adhesive watertight ZipLap™ seams and easy to execute detailing.
- Provides a barrier to water, moisture and gas physically isolating the structure from the surrounding substrate.
- PREPRUFE® 300R Plus LT can be applied horizontally to smooth prepared concrete, carton forms or well rolled and compacted earth or crushed stone substrate
- PREPRUFE® 300R Plus LT or 160R Plus LT can be applied vertically to permanent formwork or adjoining structures
PREPRUFE® 400T membrane is a unique composite sheet comprised of a thick polyethylene film, an aggressive pressure sensitive adhesive and a protective coating.
- Fully-adhered technology
- Micro-compartmentalized system
- Solutions for all tunnel types
PREPRUFE® 800PA post-applied waterproofing membrane works seamlessly with PREPRUFE® 300R Plus pre-applied membrane to create a complete, fully integrated system for below-grade waterproofing.
- Aggressive Adhesion
- Superior Performance
- Fully Bonded
PREPRUFE® 800XP foundation waterproofing composite is a two-in-one system featuring a waterproofing membrane with a unique built-in protective layer that eliminates the time-consuming process of installing protection course. This flexible yet highly durable system significantly reduces labor time while minimizing installed costs.
- Tough – durable, resilient and unaffected by almost all backfill
- Aggressive Adhesion – Synthetic, non-asphaltic adhesive for aggressive adhesion and peel resistance to concrete.
- Fully Bonded – Creates a watertight seal, especially when installed with PREPRUFE® 300R Plus or PREPRUFE® 160R Plus pre-applied membranes, to form a complete, below-grade waterproofing system.
PREPRUFE® Detail Tape is a specially formulated, two-sided, highly aggressive tape. It is a 2 in (50 mm) wide x 50 ft (15 m) long self-adhesive tape with a release liner.
- Detailing accessory to the PREPRUFE® and PREPRUFE® SCS Systems
- Adhering HYDRODUCT® drainage composites and insulation boards to waterproofing membranes
PREPRUFE® GMS membrane is a unique composite sheet comprising a thick HDPE film, an aggressive pressure sensitive adhesive and a weather resistant protective coating.
- Fully-adhered watertight laps and detailing
- Zero permeance to moisture
- Solar reflective
- Simple and quick to install
- Specially designed to prevent methane and other hazardous gas vapors from entering the building through the foundation slab or other part of the structure
PREPRUFE® SCS is a unique blindside waterproofing system specifically developed to provide a high performance waterproofing solution for shotcrete foundation walls.
- Post-injected grout fills and seals, providing ultimate waterproofing protection
- Aggressive bond to shotcrete resists lateral water migration
- Excellent resistance to hydrostatic pressure
- Applied vertically to timber lagging or other soil retention systems
PREPRUFE® Tape and PREPRUFE® CJ Tape are specially formulated two sided, reinforced pressure-sensitive tapes. These tapes are constructed with a highly aggressive adhesive which is designed to adhere to penetrations, protrusions and GCP waterproofing membranes.
- Highly aggressive pressure sensitive adhesive
- Weather resistant protective coating
- Form a continuous and integral seal to the structure
- Used in detail areas including end laps, penetrations and various tie-ins
- Used to patch damaged areas in the PREPRUFE® membranes
- Used at construction joints in concrete
- Accessory Name
- Key Benefits
- Applications Type
PREPRUFE® Grout CEM 100 is a high strength, cementitious, non-shrink grout for re-profiling of pile heads prior to the application of PREPRUFE® Grout EG 75 or for concrete substrate repairs. When used with PREPRUFE® Grout EG 75, continuity of PREPRUFE® waterproofing systems at pile heads and similar structural penetrations is achieved.
- Compatible with PREPRUFE® Grout EG 75
- Low permeability
- Shrinkage compensated (non-shrink)
- High bond to concrete substrates
- Rapid strength gain
- Re-profiling of pile heads before the application of PREPRUFE® Grout EG 75
- Re-profiling of structural penetrations through PREPRUFE® sheet waterproofing systems before the application of PREPRUFE® Grout EG 75
PREPRUFE® Grout EG 75 is a high performance, solvent free, impermeable epoxy grout for maintaining the continuity of PREPRUFE® waterproofing systems at pile heads and similar structural penetrations.
- Compatible with all products in the PREPRUFE® sheet waterproofing system
- High bond to substrate
- Rapid strength gain
- Waterproofing of pileheads and pilecaps
- Waterproofing of structural penetrations through PREPRUFE® waterproofing systems
- Recommended thickness range 1/2" (13mm) - 3" (75 mm)
PREPRUFE® Hydrophilic Sealant is a caulk-applied hydro-swelling sealant designed as a water stop for use around penetrations and in both horizontal and vertical construction joints.
- Solvent free
- &>200% expansion
- Strong adhesion
- Ease of application
- As a water stop around pipe penetrations, rebar, utility conduits and other penetrations
- Horizontal and vertical construction joints in concrete surfaces
- As a detailing accessory to the PREPRUFE® Waterproofing System
The PREPRUFE® Tieback Cover is a specially designed, two-part cover used to maintain waterproofing integrity at soil retention tieback heads.
- Prevents water migration
- Fully-adhered watertight laps using PREPRUFE® Tape
- Simple and quick to install
- Easy to inspect
- Installed over cable and rod type tieback heads
The importance of foundation waterproofing
Leaks from groundwater, storm water runoff or irrigation water may impact the foundation of any building that's improperly waterproofed — and when concrete is involved, there are a number of ways that water can travel into and around a structure.
A continuous waterproofing system is critical to mitigating these risks.
Best-in-class waterproofing performance
With more than one billion ft2 around the globe, PREPRUFE® waterproofing is trusted by architects and contractors the world over. Featuring ease of installation along with robust adhesion between the membrane and the structure, the PREPRUFE® line of products offers premium protection against moisture and gas for the design life of the structure. Our unique Advanced Bond Technology™ enables the system to form an aggressive bond with the concrete slab. ASTM hydrostatic head testing demonstrates that this can successfully prevent water from migrating between the membrane and concrete, greatly reducing the risk of catastrophic waterproofing failure.
Our R&D team continually seeks ways to innovate in ways that help make contractors’ lives easier. The PREPRUFE® line of waterproofing system offers an array range of time-saving features that vastly simplify installation. The ZipLap™ seams in PREPRUFE® Plus pre-applied waterproofing systems helps sheets bond to one another more easily, while the two-in-one capabilities of PREPRUFE® 800XP post-applied waterproofing eliminates the need to add a separate protection board. All this adds up to faster ROI for contractors.
Supported by waterproofing experts
Our waterproofing products are backed by end-to-end design and field support to help our customer with everything from product specification to streamlining installation. Many customers rely on PREPRUFE to help accelerate project completion, gain greater peace of mind, and improve the durability of their structure.
PREPRUFE® waterproofing systems are ideal for a wide range of applications, including:
- Colleges and universities
- Mixed use buildings
- Public transit
- 25+ year track record
- Flexible yet highly durable films
- Easy-to-install detailing
- Resistant to water migration (Independently tested at 70 meters of hydrostatic head pressure)
- Red List Free
In addition to a comprehensive suite of pre- and post-applied waterproofing membranes, GCP manufactures a range of accessories that work with PREPRUFE® waterproofing systems.
PREPRUFE® Solved $4 Billion Transport Infrastructure Challenges
$2 Billion Power Plant Uses PREPRUFE® Below-Grade Waterproofing
Arts Facility Use GCP to Complete Concert Design
ASB Tennis Centre Turns to BITUTHENE® Waterproofing Solution
Atalanta Sports Stadium Uses Full Waterproofing Solution
Crossrail Stations Gain Superior Waterproofing Solution
Doha Metro relies on Preprufe® Waterproofing
European Retail Complex Relies on PREPRUFE® Waterproofing
GCP Waterproofs Cal Poly Recreation Center
Heavy detailing no match for PREPRUFE® basement waterproofing
Las Vegas Airport adopts GCP waterproofing solutions
Major Commercial Building Succeeds with Premium Waterproofing
Milan Metropolitan Underground Tunnel Relies on PREPRUFE®
Multiple Waterproofing Solutions from One Source
Museum Construction Implements a Solution for Watertight Protection
Museum of Islamic Art Built with Sustainability in Mind
NBA Stadium Lets It Rain with New Waterproofing
New Estonia Museum Design Protects Cultural Artifacts
Newcastle Hospital Relies on GCP waterproofing
PREPRUFE® Waterproofing Protects Warsaw Spire Construction
PREPRUFE® Waterproofing Protects Wembley Stadium
Saudi Arabian Rail System Uses GCP Waterproofing Solutions
Subway Architecture Design in Seoul Calls for GCP Products
Tuscany’s Apuano Hospital Chooses PREPRUFE® Waterproofing
Utilizing ADPRUFE®, UK Shopping Center Opens on Time
Waterproofing Solution Ideal for Cork Airport Expansion
Waterproofing the $3.1 Billion Alaskan Way Viaduct
Find application instructions, installation details and detailed drawings.
Looking for a distributor that supplies air barriers, flashing, weather resistive barriers, roofing underlayments, waterproofing, injection materials or flooring?
Click on the login to access the site with your username and password. Please add GCPAT\ (including the slash) in front of your user name when entering user name. If you need assistance, please contact Denise White at: 617 498-4555 or Denise.I.White@gcpat.com