BITUTHENE® Post-Applied Waterproofing
Proven performance from the world’s most trusted post-applied waterproofing membrane.
A time-tested, field-proven product.
Plazas decks, inverted roofs, green roofs and elevated decks. Basement walls. Tunnels, metro stations and infrastructure products. For each of these applications and more, there's a BITUTHENE® product developed by GCP Applied Technologies. The BITUTHENE® waterproofing system is the most trusted post-applied waterproofing membrane. Their effectiveness has been proven time and again in countless projects. Long-lasting, versatile and easy to install, the BITUTHENE® waterproofing system gets the job done.
BITUTHENE® Product Documents
- Product Name
- Key Benefits
- Applications Type
BITUTHENE® 3000 and BITUTHENE® low temperature systems are self-adhesive, rubberized asphalt/polyethylene waterprooﬁng membranes used in basements and substructures.
- Provides a barrier to water, moisture and gas by physically isolating the structure from the surrounding substrate
- Cross laminated ﬁlm - Provides dimensional stability, high tear strength, puncture and impact resistance
- Cold applied - No ﬂame hazard; self-adhesive overlaps ensure continuity
BITUTHENE® 4000 system combines a robust, flexible, pre-formed membrane made of a high performance, cross laminated, HDPE carrier film with a tacky, self-adhesive rubberized asphalt compound and BITUTHENE® 4000 surface conditioner.
- Provides a barrier to water, moisture and gas — physically isolating the structure from the surrounding substrate
- Excellent adhesion — Special adhesive compound engineered for use with BITUTHENE® 4000 surface conditioner
- Cross-laminated, high density polyethylene carrier film provides high tear strength, puncture and impact resistance
BITUTHENE® Deck Prep is a low viscosity, two component, asphalt-modified urethane coating. It is used to level and repair rough concrete decks to which BITUTHENE® waterproofing membranes will be applied.
- Low viscosity
- Fully adhered
- No primer necessary
- Leveling agent for rough concrete decks
- Non-structural repair material for defects in concrete decks
- Temporary waterproofing layer
BITUTHENE® Deck System combines BITUTHENE® 4000 sheet membranes with BITUTHENE® Deck Prep to provide a durable waterproofing system capable of accepting a wide variety of wearing surfaces on above occupied space, inverted roofs, green roofs and elevated concrete decks.
- Dual protection system
- Cold applied
- Fully adhered system
- Inverted roofs
- Green roofs
- Elevated concrete decks
BITUTHENE® Liquid Membrane is a two component, elastomeric, cold applied, trowel grade material designed for a variety of uses with the GCP waterproofing systems. The VOC (Volatile Organic Compound) content is 10 g/L.
- Liquid applied
- Tough, rubber-like
- Chemically cured
- Cold applied
- Fillet material at inside corners
- Reinforcement material at inside corners
- Flashing material around drains, protrusions, curbs and parapets
- Sealing material at terminations
- Accessory Name
- Key Benefits
- Applications Type
BITUTHENE® Adhesive Primer B2 LVC is a low VOC primer in solvent specially formulated to provide good initial adhesion of GCP self-adhered membranes.
- Low VOC primer
- Promotes the adhesion of GCP self-adhered membranes to green concrete and damp surfaces.
- Compliant with all state and local VOC requirements
- Prime green concrete (less than seven day cure for normal structural concrete)
- Prime damp concrete, masonry, gypsum sheathing or wood surfaces on which GCP self-adhered membranes will be applied.
- For vertical and horizontal applications at 25 ºF (-4 ºC) or above
BITUTHENE® EDGEGUARD® Tape is a specially formulated tape designed for applications where resistance to hydrocarbon contaminated soil is required. It is constructed of a 2 mil (0.05 mm) polyester film with a pressure sensitive, solvent resistant acrylic adhesive. The adhesive bond increases with age.
- Solvent resistant
- System compatibility
- For use over BITUTHENE® Membrane edges to protect the adhesive from prolonged exposure to hydrocarbon contaminated soil.
BITUTHENE® Mastic is a rubberized, asphalt-based mastic. It has excellent adhesion to structural concrete, masonry and wood. The VOC (Volatile Organic Compound) content is 200 g/L.
- Excellent adhesion
- Seals terminations, edges of patches and overlaps in detail areas
- Designed to seal terminations, edges of patches and overlaps in detail areas
BITUTHENE® Primer WP-3000 is a water-based latex primer which is specifically formulated to bind dust and concrete efflorescence, thereby providing a suitable surface for BITUTHENE® membranes.
- Specifically formulated to bind dust and concrete efflorescence
- Excellent permanent adhesion
- Used to prime all structural concrete, masonry or wood surfaces on which BITUTHENE® membranes will be applied.
- Used for vertical and horizontal applications at 40 ºF (5 ºC) or above.
Flexible and powerful
BITUTHENE® is available in a number of grades to suit your project needs. Supplied as an easily applied sheet, it can be cold-applied at temperatures as low as 25°F and can be placed on a variety of concrete surfaces. Its robust waterproofing properties, combined with its ease of application, results in a contractor-friendly product that adds value to buildings.
Apply easily, anywhere
Although the chemical properties of BITUTHENE® make it suitable for a variety of applications, we have added mechanical innovations to further its ease of use and long-term viability.
- RIPCORD® design lets workers easily split release liner for ease of positioning
- Cold-applied membrane avoids risk of fire during installation due to the fact that flame and/or hot works are not required
- Self-adhesive overlaps avoid leaky seams and eliminate the need for specialized equipment or training.
- When used with primer, BITUTHENE® can easily be applied to damp or green concrete during time-sensitive construction, saving time and money for the project team.
Unparalleled water protection
Buildings change and settle over time, but BITUTHENE® accommodates those changes.
- Robust film and specially formulated adhesive provide maximum water protection
- Flexible yet strong membrane provides crack bridging capabilities and moves with concrete, accommodating minor settling
- Controlled thickness ensures lack of variation
Get world-class technical services
With so many versatile applications, there’s a BITUTHENE® solution for nearly every project and design. We provides world-class technical services in order to make those limits even smaller.
Find application instructions, installation details and detailed drawings.
Looking for a distributor that supplies air barriers, flashing, weather resistive barriers, roofing underlayments, waterproofing, injection materials or flooring?
Click on the login to access the site with your username and password. Please add GCPAT\ (including the slash) in front of your user name when entering user name. If you need assistance, please contact Denise White at: 617 498-4555 or Denise.I.White@gcpat.com