This Procedure can be utilized to darken the surface of the DUCTILCRETE® when grinding and/or polishing edges or slabs.
1. Grind surface using 200-grit diamond-impregnated pad to open the surface pores
2. Aggressively clean the affected areas and machine-rinse the surface
3. Apply Gray Water Based Stain to dry floor surface and allow to dry for one (1) hour
4. Machine-rinse excess stain residue
5. Apply second coat of stain to dry floor surface and allow to dry for one (1) hour
6. Harden the floor with DUCTILCRETE® SHL 20 Surface Hardener diluted 1:1, water to SHL 20. Keep material distributed by broom for 30 minutes.
7. Recover excess material with an automatic scrubber or other means
8. Harden the floor with DUCTILCRETE® SHL 20 diluted 1:2, water to SHL 20. Keep material distributed by broom for 30 minutes.
9. Recover excess material with an automatic scrubber or other means
10. Burnish the floor surface with a 400-grit diamond-impregnated pad in a matrix pattern
11. Machine-rinse the surface
12. Burnish the floor surface with a 800-grit diamond-impregnated pad in a matrix pattern
13. Machine-rinse the surface
- For minor grinding/polishing, skip steps 5 through 9
- Diluting the water-based stain by adding water will produce lighter shades of gray
For questions, contact Ductilcrete Field Tech Services
gcpat.com | North America Customer Service: 1 877-4AD-MIX1 (1 877-423-6491)
We hope the information here will be helpful. It is based on data and knowledge considered to be true and accurate, and is offered for consideration, investigation and verification by the user, but we do not warrant the results to be obtained. Please read all statements, recommendations, and suggestions in conjunction with our conditions of sale, which apply to all goods supplied by us. No statement, recommendation, or suggestion is intended for any use that would infringe any patent, copyright, or other third party right.
DUCTILCRETE is a trademark, which may be registered in the United States and/or other countries, of GCP Applied Technologies Inc. This trademark list has been compiled using available published information as of the publication date and may not accurately reflect current trademark ownership or status.
© Copyright 2020 GCP Applied Technologies Inc. All rights reserved.
GCP Applied Technologies Inc., 2325 Lakeview Parkway, Suite 450, Alpharetta, GA 30009, USA
GCP Canada, Inc., 294 Clements Road, West, Ajax, Ontario, Canada L1S 3C6
This document is only current as of the last updated date stated below and is valid only for use in the United States. It is important that you always refer to the currently available information at the URL below to provide the most current product information at the time of use. Additional literature such as Contractor Manuals, Technical Bulletins, Detail Drawings and detailing recommendations and other relevant documents are also available on www.gcpat.com. Information found on other websites must not be relied upon, as they may not be up-to-date or applicable to the conditions in your location and we do not accept any responsibility for their content. If there are any conflicts or if you need more information, please contact GCP Customer Service.
Last Updated: 2022-08-02