TL-1001 Installing Anchor Bolts on DUCTILCRETE® Slabs with HEIDEBED® Technology
Best Practices for installing anchor bolts with DUCTILCRETE ® HEIDEBED® Technology
The following outlines some best practices for installing anchor bolts on slabs that have been installed using the DUCTILCRETE® HEIDEBED® technology.
A. Rack leg anchor bolts shall not be installed on any slabs that have been installed using DUCTILCRETE® HEIDEBED® technology that is less than seven (7) days old.
- For crack control purposes, the system’s top slab is designed to shrink without restraint relative to the system’s bottom slab.
- Prior to the completion of the top slab’s shrinkage, the installation of rack leg anchors and bolts through the top slab into the bottom slab will defeat this design feature.
- Consequently, to permit the top slab to shrink to the maximum extent possible, the installation of rack leg anchors and bolts that are longer than the depth of the system’s top slab should be delayed as long as practicable.
- The following sections B and C describe the minimum time delays to be respected regarding the installation of rack anchors and bolts.
B. On any slabs that have been installed using the DUCTILCRETE® HEIDEBED® technology that is between seven (7) and sixty (60) days old:
- Rack leg anchors and bolts shall not exceed 2.5” in length.
- Within any single row of rack legs paralleling the aisles, the 2.5” maximum length rack leg anchors and bolts shall not be installed closer than thirty-two (32) feet apart.
- Between any two adjacent rows of rack legs paralleling the aisles, the 2.5” maximum length rack leg anchors and bolts shall not be installed closer than sixteen (16) feet apart.
C. On any slabs that have been installed using the DUCTILCRETE® HEIDEBED® technology that is more than sixty (60) days old:
- The rack leg anchors and bolts can be those normally employed by the rack supplier.
- If 2.5” maximum length rack leg anchors and bolts have been installed in accordance with section B above, then all such anchors and bolts may be removed and replaced with the anchors and bolts normally employed by the rack supplier.
Consult your local GCP representative if you have any questions regarding this Technical Letter.
gcpat.com | North America Customer Service: 1 877-4AD-MIX1 (1 877-423-6491)
We hope the information here will be helpful. It is based on data and knowledge considered to be true and accurate, and is offered for consideration, investigation and verification by the user, but we do not warrant the results to be obtained. Please read all statements, recommendations, and suggestions in conjunction with our conditions of sale, which apply to all goods supplied by us. No statement, recommendation, or suggestion is intended for any use that would infringe any patent, copyright, or other third party right.
DUCTILCRETE is a trademark, which may be registered in the United States and/or other countries, of GCP Applied Technologies Inc. This trademark list has been compiled using available published information as of the publication date and may not accurately reflect current trademark ownership or status.
© Copyright 2018 GCP Applied Technologies Inc. All rights reserved.
GCP Applied Technologies Inc., 62 Whittemore Avenue, Cambridge, MA 02140 USA.
This document is only current as of the last updated date stated below and is valid only for use in the United States. It is important that you always refer to the currently available information at the URL below to provide the most current product information at the time of use. Additional literature such as Contractor Manuals, Technical Bulletins, Detail Drawings and detailing recommendations and other relevant documents are also available on www.gcpat.com. Information found on other websites must not be relied upon, as they may not be up-to-date or applicable to the conditions in your location and we do not accept any responsibility for their content. If there are any conflicts or if you need more information, please contact GCP Customer Service.
Last Updated: 2018-11-29