TL-0015 — Disposal of PERM-A-BARRIER® VPL/VPL LT Waste and Used Containers Technical Letter (US Version)

Although PERM-A-BARRIER® VPL/VPL LT is a relatively safe in use and storage and is classified as non-under the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency Department of Transport regulations, it is important waste materials be disposed of in a safe and mentally conscious way and in accordance with appropriate local regulations.

Empty Containers

Empty containers (pails or drums) of unmixed PERM-A-BARRIER® VPL/VPL LT can be disposed of as general industrial waste. In general, this means that they can be placed in site dumpsters along with other site trash though local regulations may vary and should be checked with the local waste collection company. Such empty containers must meet the EPA definition of empty as follows:

  1. All wastes have been removed that can be removed using methods commonly used to empty that type of container, and;
  2. Less than one inch of residue remains in the container. If full or part used containers must be disposed, or if for some reason it is not possible to empty a drum or pail to less than one inch, then the container and contents must be disposed of as chemical waste.


Dispose of PERM-A-BARRIER® VPL/VPL LT waste in accordance with all applicable regulations. Consult all regulations (federal, provincial, state, local, etc.) or a qualified waste disposal firm when characterizing waste for disposal. There are many local chemical waste disposal companies around the country that can be found via local trade directories. If there are no local chemical waste disposal companies, then the following national companies will be able to help.

  • Safety Kleen 888-217-7859
  • Clean Harbors 800-444-4244
  • Phillip Services 888-655-4331

When contacting these companies to arrange disposal, it is important to have the latest copy of the MSDS for the product in question which can be downloaded or received via fax by phoning 866-333-3SBM (3726).


Do not allow material to saturate ground, enter drains, runoffs, streams, lakes, or ground water. Immediately absorb all spills with a dry, inert material, such as sand, and dispose. Report all spills in accordance with all local, state, and federal governmental regulations and guidelines. | North America Customer Service: 1 877-4AD-MIX1 (1 877-423-6491)

This document is only current as of the last updated date stated below and is valid only for use in the United States. It is important that you always refer to the currently available information at the URL below to provide the most current product information at the time of use. Additional literature such as Contractor Manuals, Technical Bulletins, Detail Drawings and detailing recommendations and other relevant documents are also available on Information found on other websites must not be relied upon, as they may not be up-to-date or applicable to the conditions in your location and we do not accept any responsibility for their content. If there are any conflicts or if you need more information, please contact GCP Customer Service.

Last Updated: 2020-08-31