DE NEEF® DeneSeal 5050 Primer
Primer for DeneSeal P-2235, Polysulfide Joint Sealant
DE NEEF® DeneSeal 5050 Primer is a low viscosity, two component epoxy primer for DE NEEF® DeneSeal P-2235 polysulfide sealant for both steel and concrete surfaces.
- Low viscosity
- Easy 1:1 mixing
- Easy to apply
- Fast recoat time
Packaging & Handling
0.25-Gallon Unit, 2 component
- 75 square feet per unit at 3-5 mils
- 100 square feet per unit at 2-3 mils
Store in a dry place at temperatures between 65°F and 80°F. Do not thin with solvents. Confirm product performance in specific chemical environment prior to use. Substrate temperature must be at least 5°F above the dew point.
Concrete: Apply only to clean, dry and sound concrete substrates that are free of all coatings, sealers, curing compounds, oils, greases or any other contaminants. Concrete that has been contaminated with chemicals or other foreign matter must be neutralized or removed. Remove any laitance or weak surface layers. Concrete should have a minimum surface tensile strength of at least 300 PSI, as verified by an Elcometer test. Surface profile shall be CSP-3 to CSP-5 meeting ICRI (International Concrete Repair Institute) standard guideline #03732 for coating concrete, producing a profile equal to 60-grit sandpaper or coarser. Prepare surface by mechanical means to achieve this desired profile. Refer to DE NEEF® Surface Preparation Guidelines for more details.
Steel: For steel surfaces, a “White Metal” abrasive blast with an anchor profile of 2-4 mils in accordance with Steel Structures Painting Council Specification SP-5-63 or NACE No. 1 is required for immersion service. For splash and spillage exposure, a “Near White”, SP-10-63 or NACE No. 2 is required.
- DeneSeal 5050 Primer can be applied by brush or roller.
- Apply DE NEEF® DeneSeal 5050 Primer at a rate not to exceed 75 sq. ft./0.25 gallon unit for concrete and 100 sq. ft./unit for steel. Rolling coating is an alternate method of application, but coverage will be significantly less.
- The curing time for DE NEEF® DeneSeal 5050 Primer is between 2 and 36 hours. The first coat of DE NEEF® DeneSeal P-2235 must be applied within 36 hours of priming. If more than 36 hours elapse, the primer must be reapplied.
- Use of a brush will allow for joints to be primed before the application of DE NEEF® DeneSeal P-2235.
- For best results, clean tools and equipment with a nonflammable and non-evaporating cleaner. Always wear gloves when using this product.
Do not apply in temperatures less than 40°F or greater than 95°F. (material cures slower at cooler temperatures). Material should be stored in a dry place at temperatures between 65 and 80°F. Do not thin with solvents. Confirm product performance in specific chemical environment prior to use. Substrate temperature must be at least 5°F above the dew point.
Health and Safety
DE NEEF® DeneSeal 5050 Primer is flammable, and all precautions for flammable materials should be taken when using.
Always use protective clothing, gloves and goggles consistent with OSHA regulations during use
Avoid eye and skin contact.
Do not ingest.
Refer to Safety Data Sheet for detailed safety precautions.
In the event of an EMERGENCY call: CHEM-TREC 800-424-9300.
|DE NEEF® DENESEAL 5050 PRIMER|
|Application T, ambient||40-95 °F|
|Application T, substrate||≥5°F above dew point|
|Shelf Life||1 year|
|Pot life at 77°F||3 hours|
|Recoat concrete||>2 hours <36 hours|
|Recoat steel||>3 hours<36 hours|
|VOC||>0.452 lb/gal; 50g/L|