DE NEEF® Cut HOT SHOT Cartridge comes complete with cartridge, dasher rod and nozzle. DE NEEF® Cut PURe is a hydrophobic polyurethane that is mixed with DE NEEF® Cut Cat Extra Fast PURe in the cartridge. It is designed to fill large voids such as rock fissures, gravel layers, joints/ cracks in concrete structures and to cut-off gushing water with high pressure and speed. In its uncured form, DE NEEF® Cut PURe is a blackish-brown transparent nonflammable liquid. When it comes into contact with water, the grout expands and then quickly cures to a rigid closed cell polyurethane foam that is resistant to most organic solvents, mild acids, alkali and micro-organisms.
- Sealing high pressure leaks through concrete cracks and fissures
- Filling voids
- Sealing pipe penetrations
- Free foam expansion up to 18 times
- Contains no volatile solvents
- Single component
- Will not dilute in water
- Extra fast catalyst
- Convenient cartridge packaging
Packaging & Handling
Each 9.57 oz DE NEEF® HOT SHOT Cartridge contains:
- 8.70 fluid ounces DE NEEF® Cut PURe
- 0.87 fluid ounce DE NEEF® Cut Cat Extra Fast PURe.
DE NEEF® HOT SHOT is packaged 12 cartridges per case, 12 lbs/ per case. Storage temperature must be between 40°F and 90°F. Shelf life: 1 year.
Warning: Consult the Technical Data Sheets and SDS before using.
- Wear safety glasses and gloves
- Shake cartridge vigorously before using.
- Remove the small red cap.
- Insert the dasher rod to the first stop, about ½ inch.
- Screw into threads. Do not over tighten.
- Remove tape band from cartridge.
- Pull dasher rod straight up. This separates the dasher from the foil barrier.
- Squeeze the cartridge at the previously taped area to slightly deform the foil.
- Push the dasher all the way to the bottom of the cartridge.
- Mix for 50-75 strokes while turning the cartridge clockwise, keeping pressure on the large red cap.
- Push the dasher rod all the way to the end and unscrew and remove.
- Screw nozzle to threaded neck.
- Remove large red end cap and insert in cartridge gun.
Injection: During injection the grout will follow the path of least resistance. When the material has stopped penetrating it will continue to expand against the limits of the confined space and compress within itself,forming a dense, closed cell foam.
Extreme conditions: For application procedures in extreme temperatures and specific environments or equipment recommendations call the DE NEEF® Technical Service Department.
Cleaning: Clean all tools and equipment which have been in contact with the resin with DE NEEF® Washing Agent before resin has cured. Products should be disposed of according to local, state, and federal laws.
10% DE NEEF® Cut Cat Extra Fast PURe
Health and Safety
Always use protective clothing, gloves and goggles consistent with OSHA regulations. Avoid eye and skin contact. Do not ingest. Refer to SDS. For emergencies, call CHEMTREC 1-800-424-9300.
Low temperatures will significantly affect viscosity.
CAUTION: pH NOTICE. Water used to activate PURe Grouts must be in the pH range of 3-10 for optimum foam quality.
|DE NEEF® CUT PURE RESIN|
|Viscosity||200 cps at 77°F||ASTM D2196|
|DE NEEF® Cut Cat Extra Fast PURe|
|Viscosity||20 cps at 77°F||ASTM D2196|
|DE NEEF® Cut PURe Cured|
|Density confined||62 PCF||ASTM D3574|
|Density free||2 PCF||ASTM D3574|
|Compressive strength||4351 psi||confined|
|Flexural strength||2320 psi||confined|