Engineered swell hydrophilic waterstop strip
ADCOR® ES is a specially engineered, swellable, conformable synthetic waterstop strip that expands when in contact with water. The engineered swell design of ADCOR® ES minimizes the potential for concrete spalling and cracking versus traditional hydrophilic waterstops. When fully encapsulated by poured concrete, the expansive forces form a seal against concrete faces. The seal resists hydrostatic pressure, stopping water from entering sub-structures. ADCOR® ES is a unique product that has been specifically developed to provide better performance than bentonite or conventional swellable rubber waterstops. Superior performance arises from:
- Controlled, reproducible, volumetric expansion
- Cohesive strength maintained after volumetric expansion and during wet-dry cycling
- Malleable and plastic, enabling easy application to a variety of concrete profiles.
- Engineered swell reduces risk of concrete spalling
- Conformable — can be installed onto a variety of irregular substrates
- Controlled expansion reduces the need for product replacement due to premature expansion
- Retains cohesive strength at both original and expanded volume
- No need for protective steel mesh
- Volumetric expansion min 100%
- Simple overlap jointing on site
- Reproducible swell after wet-dry cycling
- Contains no sodium bentonite
- Horizontal and vertical construction joints in concrete structures
- Casting new concrete against existing
- Pipe penetrations through floors and walls
1.0 in. x 1⁄2 in. (25.4 mm x 12.7 mm) waterstop strip, supplied in 16 ft (4.9 m) rolls.
ADCOR® ES Adhesive
A butyl based adhesive for securing ADCOR® ES to concrete, steel and plastic substrates. Supplied in 29 fl oz (0.85 L) tubes.
GCP recommends the use of waterstops in all construction joints, subject to hydrostatic pressure. Waterstop networks must be continuous through all joints and penetrations if they are to be effective. Contact GCP regarding specific applications where movement is expected.
- Concrete surfaces must be clean and free of all contaminants. Remove all debris and loose concrete.
- On irregular concrete faces, apply a 1⁄2 in. (12 mm) bead of ADCOR® ES Adhesive as bedding for ADCOR® ES. Estimated coverage rate of ADCOR® ES Adhesive is 30 linear feet per tube on porous concrete or irregular surfaces when applied at a 1⁄2 in. (12 mm) bead.
- Secure ADCOR® ES using masonry nails 1 1⁄2–2 in. (40 mm– 50 mm) long with a washer 3⁄4 in. (20 mm) in diameter. Hilti EM6-20-12 FP8 shot fired fixings with 1⁄4 in. (6 mm) nuts and 3⁄4 in. (20 mm) diameter washers may also be used. Fixings should be spaced at a maximum of 12 in. (300 mm) centers with a minimum spacing that ensures proper contact to substrate.
- For pipe penetrations, ADCOR® ES Adhesive must be applied to dry substrates only. Apply a 1⁄2 in. bead of ADCOR® ES Adhesive and tool with a brush or trowel. Wait until surface is dry to touch, then press ADCOR® ES firmly into place. Estimated coverage rate of ADCOR® ES Adhesive is 60 linear feet per tube on smooth concrete or pipe surfaces when applied at a 1⁄2 in. (12 mm) bead.
- ADCOR® ES joints should overlap a minimum of 4 in. (100 mm), ensuring full contact between jointed pieces.
- ADCOR® ES can be bent around corners; however, on complex geometry, use ADCOR® ES Adhesive to fill any gaps.
- Any damaged sections should be removed and repaired with a new section of ADCOR® ES.
- Keep ADCOR® ES dry prior to pouring concrete.
- Normal weight structural concrete should be placed carefully to avoid damage to the waterstop.
- ADCOR® ES should be encapsulated with a 3 in. (76.2 mm) concrete cover minimum.
Health & Safety
There is no legal requirement for a SDS (Safety Data Sheets) for ADCOR® ES. For health and safety questions on this product, please contact GCP.
ADCOR® ES Adhesive
Read the product label and SDS (Safety Data Sheets) before use. Users must comply with all risk and safety phrases.
Storage & Handling
ADCOR® ES should be stored in its original unopened packaging until ready for installation and kept dry prior to pouring concrete. Dispose of any materials in accordance with the requirements of local authorities having jurisdiction.
Not suitable for use in movement joints.
Not suitable for use with pre-cast concrete components.
|Size||1.0 in. x 1/2 in. x 16 ft
(25.4 mm x 12.7 mm x 4.9 m) rolls
|Packaging||6 rolls per case|
|Hydrostatic Head Resistance||231 ft (70m)|
|Adhesion to Concrete using ADCOR® ES Adhesive||Excellent|
gcpat.com | North America Customer Service: 1 877-4AD-MIX1 (1 877-423-6491)
We hope the information here will be helpful. It is based on data and knowledge considered to be true and accurate, and is offered for consideration, investigation and verification by the user, but we do not warrant the results to be obtained. Please read all statements, recommendations, and suggestions in conjunction with our conditions of sale, which apply to all goods supplied by us. No statement, recommendation, or suggestion is intended for any use that would infringe any patent, copyright, or other third party right.
ADCOR is trademark which may be registered in the United States and/or other countries, of GCP Applied Technologies Inc. This trademark list has been compiled using available published information as of the publication date and may not accurately reflect current trademark ownership or status.
© Copyright 2018 GCP Applied Technologies Inc. All rights reserved.
GCP Applied Technologies Inc., 62 Whittemore Avenue, Cambridge, MA 02140 USA.
In Canada, 294 Clements Road, West, Ajax, Ontario, Canada L1S 3C6.
This document is only current as of the last updated date stated below and is valid only for use in the United States. It is important that you always refer to the currently available information at the URL below to provide the most current product information at the time of use. Additional literature such as Contractor Manuals, Technical Bulletins, Detail Drawings and detailing recommendations and other relevant documents are also available on www.gcpat.com. Information found on other websites must not be relied upon, as they may not be up-to-date or applicable to the conditions in your location and we do not accept any responsibility for their content. If there are any conflicts or if you need more information, please contact GCP Customer Service.
Last Updated: 2022-01-11