Ready-mix Concrete Supplier Solutions
GCP provides concrete admixtures and fibers, technology solutions, and field services that support ready-mix suppliers in producing high-quality concrete. Throughout the concrete lifecycle, our products help drive sustainability goals – from lowering CO2 emissions to extending the service life of concrete structures.
Used on some of the world’s tallest buildings and largest infrastructure projects, our ready-mix concrete admixtures produce durable, workable concrete. Plus, our IoT solutions not only improve the consistency of concrete in transit but can identify and resolve bottlenecks affecting driver productivity, materials management, and more.
In addition, GCP brings decades of experience to support ready-mix producers and concrete contractors with everything from development of mix designs to job site best practices.
Ready-mix Product Lines
Ready-Mix Concrete Admixtures
Concrete admixtures are components that are added to standard concrete while mixing in order to enhance its properties - for example, to change its plasticity or make it more crack resistant. For decades, ready-mix producers have turned to GCP’s admixtures to improve concrete strength, finishability, and workability. Our ready-mix concrete admixtures also help our customers reduce their carbon footprint on numerous fronts by:
- Reducing the amount of cement in the mix, without affecting concrete strength
- Allowing for maximum additions of supplementary cementitious material (SCM) to reduce the amount of cement in the mix, thereby reducing CO2 emissions
- Allowing for the use of locally sourced materials that used to be deemed unusable for concrete mixes
- Providing a less energy-intensive way of recycling returned concrete
- Extending the service life of concrete structure
GCP offers a robust portfolio of ready-mix concrete admixtures help our customers create mix designs that rise to the challenges of modern construction. Our chemical admixture product lines include:
- ADVA® – high-range water reducers used to consistently produce high-strength concrete
- CLARENA® – admixtures to improve overall mix quality and sustainability
- CONCERA® – used to create control flow concrete, which has a slump level that’s between conventional concrete and self-consolidating concrete
- ECLIPSE® – liquid admixtures that dramatically reduce drying shrinkage and the potential for cracking and curling
- MIRA® – used for creating concrete mixes that are easy to place and finish – perfect for high-quality flatwork projects
- ZYLA® – water reducing admixtures designed to increase the workability, finishability and durability of ready-mix concrete
- TYTRO® – admixture systems consisting of macro fibers and chemical admixtures to enhance shotcrete applications
Our STRUX® macro synthetic fibers improve impact resistance, durability, and crack control properties of ready-mix concrete. These reinforcing fibers eliminate the time and labor, as well as inherent safety risks, of installing welded wire mesh. We also manufacture SINTA® micro synthetic fibers that reduce plastic shrinkage cracking.
Business intelligence solutions
The VERIFI® in-transit concrete management system takes the variability out of concrete delivery so ready-mix producers can deliver more consistent concrete. VERIFI-enabled trucks gather data about the plastic properties of concrete and automatically make adjustments to the slump by adding water or admixtures to arrive at the ordered specifications – all while in transit to the job site. This results in higher quality, more consistent concrete and improves sustainability through fewer rejected concrete loads & reduced water and admixture consumption.
In the process, the VERIFI® system gathers a wealth of data from ready-mix trucks. Using a secure login portal, ready-mix producers can leverage this data to improve their business through material optimization, equipment utilization, and contractor value.
Our technical services professionals offer in-depth training, support, and troubleshooting to help our customers, create, deliver, and place concrete in the most effective way possible. We also offer in-house training, lunch-and-learn sessions, and a library of interactive content. Whether you have questions about reducing embodied carbon, improving concrete performance, or placing concrete in a challenging environment – our experienced technical services team is here to support you.