High strength leveling mortar, Class R4
OMNITEK® Deco is a high strength, cement based, volume stable mortar, suitable for leveling and finishing of concrete surfaces in layer thicknesses of 2-5mm.
- High early- and final strength properties to strength class C45/55 and excellent adhesion to concrete for a maximum durability and long-term performance.
- Fast, easy and cost effective application by manual application or spraying.
- CE certified according to EN 1504-3.
CE certified according to EN 1504-3.
Field of Application
OMNITEK® Deco is suitable for all leveling and thin layer concrete repair applications, such as:
- Surface leveling and finishing of vertical and horizontal concrete surfaces, such as: prefabricated concrete wall and floor panels, honeycombing, etc.
- Surface re-profiling applications of joints, edges and damaged precast elements and concrete structures.
- As a preparation layer for a protective and/or decorative coating such as AQUATEK® Elastic 2C or OMNITEK® Paint EC.
|Grain size||[mm]||0 - 0.5|
|Layer thickness||[mm]||2 - 5|
|Maximum water quantity||[l /25 kg]||4.0|
|Open time||[mm]||≈ 30|
|Application temperature||[°C]||+5 à +30|
|Fresh Mortar Density||[kg/dm³]||≈ 2.2|
|Yield (25kg bags)||[l]||≈ 13|
|Compressive strength (**)
- 24 h
- 7 days
- 28 days
|Strength Class||[-]||C 45/55|
|Exposure classes (***)||[-]||X0, XC1-XC4, XD1-XD3, XS1-XS3, XA1, XF1-XF3|
|Moisture classes (***)||[-]||WO, WF, WA|
|Shelf life||12 Months, Stored under cover, clear of the ground, protected from all sources of moisture and frost.|
|Packaging||Bags of 25 kg with plastic liner.
40 bags per pallet (1000kg)
(*)Typical values in production control. All tests were executed under a conditioned temperature of 21°C and 65% RH.
(**) Compressive strengths measurements based on prisms.
(***) According to EN 206-1:2001 in combination with DIN 1045-2
1. Preparation of Substrate
- Substrate preparation has to be according EN 1504- 10 part 7.
- The substrate has to be free from dirt, grease, laitance, loose concrete, loose particles or layers which could adversely affect adhesion.
- Remove all damaged concrete and prepare substrate by sand or grid blasting, high pressure water jetting, or other methods until base concrete is exposed, offering sufficient roughness (bond) and open pores.
- The substrate must be pre-wetted with clean water until saturated. The substrate should be damp, but without free standing water.
- The substrate must be frost-free and have a cohesion of minimum 1.5 N/mm².
- Exposed or corroded reinforcement steel needs to be treated with OMNITEK® CPC.
- Damaged areas need to be repaired with a suitable OMNITEK® or BETEC® cement based repair mortar.
- The product has to be mixed using a suitable forced action mixer (400-600rpm). The mixing head must be completely immersed in the powder.
- Add 4/5 of the required quantity of water into the mixer and mix for 2 minutes. Add the remaining quantity of water. The water content can be varied to obtain the desired consistency. Never use more than the maximum water quantity. Mix for an additional 2 minute until a lump-free, homogeneous mixture is obtained.
- The mixing time depends on the type of mixer. 4 minutes is the minimum.
- Once the mortar is ready mixed, apply immediately. Do not prepare more material than can be used within the open time of the material.
- When the mortar starts to set, remix but never add more water.
- The mortar is applied manually using a trowel. Alternatively suitable spray equipment can be used.
- Press firmly into the application area to ensure proper adhesion and to compact the material.
- The material can be applied in several layers.
- Allow the material to set sufficiently before smoothing the surface using a trowel or sponge.
- Do not apply the material if the ambient temperature is below 5°C or expected to fall below 5°C within 24 hours.
- After treatment has to be according EN 13610 in combination with DIN EN 1045-3.
- In warm or windy conditions protect the applied material from dehydration by mist-spraying with clean water or protective tarpaulins until the initial set has taken place.
- In cold conditions cover with insulated tarpaulin, polystyrene or other insulating material. Protect surfaces against frost and rain until final set has taken place.
- In cold, humid or unventilated areas it can be necessary to allow for a longer curing period, or to introduce forced air movement to avoid condensation. Never use dehumidifiers during the curing period or within 28 days after application.
- The after-treatment should be at least 5 days.
- The after-treatment should take place as soon as possible, at the latest when the material surface starts to set.
- As an alternative to the conventional treatment methods, suitable curing agents can be used to prevent rapid water loss.
5. Cleaning and maintenance
- Mixing and application equipment should be cleaned immediately with clean water. Hardened material needs to be removed mechanically.
6. Special remarks
- Cementitious materials can lead to incompatibilities under certain conditions in combination with nonferrous metals (such as aluminium, copper, zinc).
- Low temperatures delay the early strength development. High temperatures accelerate the strength development and decrease the open time of the material.
- Repaired areas can be coated after 7 days with protective or waterproofing coatings depending on the ambient conditions.
Health & Safety
OMNITEK® Deco is a product based on cement and can therefore cause burns to skin and eyes, which should be protected during use. Wear gloves and protective eye shields. Wearing a dust mask is advised. Treat splashes to eyes and skin immediately with clean water. Consult a doctor when irritation continues. If accidentally ingested, drink water and consult a doctor. Users must comply with all risk and safety phrases. MSDS’s can be obtained from GCP Applied Technologies or from our website. GISCODE ZP1.
gcpat.com | North America Customer Service: 1 877-4AD-MIX1 (1 877-423-6491)
We hope the information here will be helpful. It is based on data and knowledge considered to be true and accurate, and is offered for consideration, investigation and verification by the user, but we do not warrant the results to be obtained. Please read all statements, recommendations, and suggestions in conjunction with our conditions of sale, which apply to all goods supplied by us. No statement, recommendation, or suggestion is intended for any use that would infringe any patent, copyright, or other third party right.
Aquatek, Betec, and Omnitek are trademarks, which may be registered in the United States and/or other countries, of GCP Applied Technologies Inc. This trademark list has been compiled using available published information as of the publication date and may not accurately reflect current trademark ownership or status.
© Copyright 2018 GCP Applied Technologies Inc. All rights reserved.
GCP Applied Technologies Inc., 2325 Lakeview Parkway, Suite 450, Alpharetta, GA 30009, USA
GCP Canada, Inc., 294 Clements Road, West, Ajax, Ontario, Canada L1S 3C6
This document is only current as of the last updated date stated below and is valid only for use in the United States. It is important that you always refer to the currently available information at the URL below to provide the most current product information at the time of use. Additional literature such as Contractor Manuals, Technical Bulletins, Detail Drawings and detailing recommendations and other relevant documents are also available on www.gcpat.com. Information found on other websites must not be relied upon, as they may not be up-to-date or applicable to the conditions in your location and we do not accept any responsibility for their content. If there are any conflicts or if you need more information, please contact GCP Customer Service.
Last Updated: 2022-05-06