Thick sectioned, conformable, hydro-expansive waterstop for preventing saline and brackish water entry through joints in concrete substructures
A conformable, swellable polymer/butyl rubber waterstop strip that expands in contact with saline and brackish water. When fully encapsulated by poured concrete, the expansive forces form a seal against concrete faces. The seal resists hydrostatic pressure, stopping water from entering sub-structures.
ADCOR® 500T is a unique product that has been specifically developed to provide higher performance than conventional bentonite or swellable rubber waterstops. Superior performance arises from:
- controlled, reproducible, volumetric expansion
- cohesive strength maintained after volumetric expansion
- malleable and plastic, enabling easy application to a variety of concrete profiles.
- Controlled volumetric expansion - reduces risk of concrete spalling.
- Conformable – can be installed onto a variety of irregular substrates.
- Retains cohesive strength at both original and expanded volume.
- No need for protective steel mesh.
- Resists at least 6 bar (87 psi) hydrostatic pressure.
- Volumetric expansion over 140% in 8% salted water.
- Simple overlap jointing on site.
- Reproducible swell after wet – dry cycling.
- Unaffected by freeze/thaw cycling.
- Horizontal and vertical construction joints in concrete structures
- Casting new concrete against existing
- Floor slabs cast against diaphragm retaining walls, steel sheet piles and secant pile walls.
- Joints between floor slabs and pile caps
- Pipe penetrations through floors and walls
- ADCOR® 500T - 25 mm x 20 mm waterstop strip, supplied in 5 m rolls.
- ADCOR® Mastic - A hydrophilic mastic for use as a bedding bead on irregular concrete surfaces prior to the application of ADCOR® 500T.
- ADCOR® Adhesive MS - An adhesive for gluing ADCOR® 500T to smooth concrete, steel and plastic substrates. Supplied in cartridges for gun application.
- Pak Adhesive - A contact adhesive for gluing ADCOR® 500T to smooth concrete, steel and plastic substrates. Supplied in cans for brush application.
Details shown are typical illustrations only and not working drawings. For assistance with working drawings and additional technical advice please contact GCP Technical Services.
- Any damaged sections should be removed and repaired with a new section of ADCOR® 500T.
- Keep ADCOR® 500T dry prior to pouring concrete.
|ADCOR® 500T||5 m rolls
pallet weight 700 kg
|ADCOR® Mastic||310 ml cartridge|
|ADCOR® Adhesive MS||310 ml cartridge|
|Large Secura Clips||Each|
Not suitable for use with pre-cast concrete components.
GCP recommends the use of waterstops in all construction joints subject to hydrostatic pressure. Waterstop networks must be continuous through all joints and penetrations if they are to be effective.
- Concrete surfaces must be clean and free of all contaminants. Remove all debris and loose concrete.
- On irregular concrete faces gun a 1/2 in. bead of ADCOR® Mastic as a bedding material before placement of ADCOR® 500T.
- Fix ADCOR® 500T using masonry nails 11/2 in. - 2 in. long with a washer 1/4 " diameter. Shot fired fixings with 1/4 " nuts and 3/4 " diameter washers may also be used. Fixings should be spaced at a maximum of 12 in. center.
- All joints should be overlapped 4 in. to ensure full contact between jointed pieces.
- ADCOR® 500T can be bent around corners, however on complex geometry use a gap filler.
Health and Safety
Read the product label and SDS (Safety Data Sheet) before use. Users must comply with all risk and safety phrases. For health and Safety questions on this product please contact your GCP representative.
|Profile size||3/4 x 1 in|
|Volumetric expansion in 8% salted water||> 140%|
|Water pressure resistance||> 6 bar (87 psi)|
|Maximum bend||180 ° at 32 0F|
|Application temperature range||5 °F to 140 °F|
|Service temperature range||9 °F to 248 °F|
|Minimum concrete cover||3 in|
|Minimum overlap||4 in|
gcpat.com | North America Customer Service: 1 877-4AD-MIX1 (1 877-423-6491)
We hope the information here will be helpful. It is based on data and knowledge considered to be true and accurate, and is offered for consideration, investigation and veriﬁcation by the user, but we do not warrant the results to be obtained. Please read all statements, recommendations, and suggestions in conjunction with our conditions of sale, which apply to all goods supplied by us. No statement, recommendation, or suggestion is intended for any use that would infringe any patent, copyright, or other third party right.
ADCOR is a trademark, which may be registered in the United States and/or other countries, of GCP Applied Technologies Inc. This trademark list has been compiled using available published information as of the publication date and may not accurately reﬂect current trademark ownership or status.
© Copyright 2018 GCP Applied Technologies Inc. All rights reserved.
GCP Applied Technologies Inc., 62 Whittemore Avenue, Cambridge, MA 02140 USA.
In Canada, 294 Clements Road, West, Ajax, Ontario, Canada L1S 3C6.
This document is only current as of the last updated date stated below and is valid only for use in the United States. It is important that you always refer to the currently available information at the URL below to provide the most current product information at the time of use. Additional literature such as Contractor Manuals, Technical Bulletins, Detail Drawings and detailing recommendations and other relevant documents are also available on www.gcpat.com. Information found on other websites must not be relied upon, as they may not be up-to-date or applicable to the conditions in your location and we do not accept any responsibility for their content. If there are any conflicts or if you need more information, please contact GCP Customer Service.
Last Updated: 2018-11-29