Information We Collect About You and How We Collect It
GCP collects several types of information from and about users of our website, including information:
- by which you may be personally identified, such as name, postal address, e-mail address, telephone number of any other identifier by which you may be contacted online or offline ("personal information"), and/or
- that does not identify you personally, such as information about your internet connection, the equipment you use to access our website and usage details.
You are not required to provide personal information as a condition of using our site. We collect personal information only when you provide it to us, for example, in order to provide you a product or service that you requested, when you submit an invoice electronically to our Accounts Payable group, or when you reach out to us using the "Contact Us" feature on this website.
Other non-personal information is collected automatically as you navigate through and interact with our website, and is sent to us directly by your web browser or collected through cookies and other technologies. This information does not personally identify you and is used solely for improving the services we offer and functionality of our websites. The technologies we use for this purpose may include:
- Use of web analytics – GCP uses industry standard web analytics to anonymously analyze internet web visits to evaluate visitors' use of our website, recognize you when you return to our Website, estimate our audience size and usage patterns, and to generally deliver a better and more personalized service. Our web analytics service collects IP addresses in order to provide us with information on where site visitors are in the world and collects a history of pages viewed on our Site, but does not collect information on other internet sites you visit that are outside of our site. We do not publish your IP address to others.
- "Do Not Track" Signals - GCP does not track website visitors to its websites to provide targeted advertising and therefore does not respond to Do Not Track (DNT) signals.
What do we do with the information we collect?
GCP uses your personal and non-personal information that it collects to present our Website and contents to you and to provide you with information, products or services that you request from us, including providing you with marketing and other emails if you have requested these communications. Visitors who have requested marketing emails from us and no longer want to receive such communications may communicate that request to us by clicking on the "opt-out" or "unsubscribe" link provided at the bottom of our marketing communications.
Sharing and Location of Information We Collect
GCP is a multinational organization, headquartered in the United States with entities in many countries, and may share your personal information within and among those GCP operating segments, our subsidiaries, and affiliates. In addition, we may share your personal information with contractors, service providers, and other third parties that support our businesses and perform services on our behalf, such as companies that deliver email marketing emails that you have requested from us. GCP will not and does not sell your personal information to non-affiliated third-parties.
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of GCP's assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by GCP about our website users is among the assets transferred.
- To comply with any court order, law or legal process, including responding to any government or regulatory request.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of GCP, our customers, or others.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- With your consent.
We may disclose aggregated, non-personal information about our users without restriction.
Protection of your information
GCP is committed to protecting the security of your personal information. A variety of security technologies and procedures are used to protect the confidentiality, integrity and security of your personal information. To prevent unauthorized access, maintain data accuracy, and ensure the appropriate use of information, GCP has put in place appropriate physical, electronic, and managerial procedures to protect the information we collect.
Links to Other Websites
GCP does not knowingly collect information from children and does not target or direct its websites to children. We do not collect, process, or use on our website any information relating to an individual whom we know to be under 13 years old without the prior, verifiable consent of his or her legal representative. If we become aware that we have inadvertently received personal information from a visitor under the age of thirteen on our Website, we will delete the information from our records.
We retain personal information for as long as is necessary for us to perform a service that you have requested or for which you have given your consent, except where otherwise provided or required by law.
GCP Applied Technologies Inc.
62 Whittemore Avenue
Cambridge, Massachusetts, 02140 USA